- 3-5 days (dependent on the individual’s ability)
To ensure the entrant has obtained the necessary refresher skills, knowledge and competencies required in order to achieve a student award rating in the ATC discipline.
Qualified instructors will determine the training required by the entrant since completion of their previous course. The training will include all new and relevant legislation, subjects or rulings since their last course.
The entrant will be subject to a series of classroom and simulator exercises covering key areas.
After successfully completing a range of practical, verbal and written assessments to the appropriate CAA quality standards, a certificate of competency will be awarded.
All entrants must hold:
- Letter from ATS Licensing – CAA/SRG stating their eligibility to undertake the course
- A minimum Language Level 4 (ICAO Language Proficiency rating) is required
- A valid European Class 3 Medical (initial medical must be completed by CAA)
Core Subjects and Course References:
- Basic Training
- Aerodrome Instrument Control
- Approach Control Procedural
- Approach Control Surveillance
- CAP 168
- CAP 393
- CAP 493
- CAP 584
- CAP 637
- CAP 744
- CAP 745
- EATM Common Core Content
- ICAO Doc 4444
- CAP 744