2 days with between 2 and 12 students on the course.
To provide entrants with a general introduction to air traffic control through theoretical and practical instruction.
This course is aimed at staff that work within the air traffic control industry but are not directly affected by the ATC rules and regulations.
The course is set at a relaxed pace, with no assessments or exams to enable entrants to:
- gain an appreciation of the ATC industry
- improve their knowledge and understanding of their work environment
Aimed at staff who work within the ATC industry but are not directly involved with Air Traffic Control
i.e. HR departments, Finance departments, etc.
Core Subjects and Course References:
- ATC World Picture (Theory)
- Structure of Air Traffic Control (Theory)
- Airspace Classification (Theory)
- Altimetry and Meteorology (Theory)
- Navigation (Theory)
- Flight Plans (Theory)
- Emergency Procedures in the UK (Theory)
- CAP 168
- CAP 393
- CAP 493
- CAP 624
- CAP 637
- CAP 744
- EATM Common Core Content
- ICAO Doc 4444