To complete theoretical and practical instructions and examinations to the mandatory CAA quality standards and achieve ATC Assessor status.
Entrants will be trained to complete assessments of trainees engaged in unit training.
The course is conducted by experienced ATC verifiers and will encompass current training philosophies, particularly the application of the Unit Training Plan (UTP).
Entrants will be assessed on all simulated, practical and oral test exercises to determine their suitability and competency levels.
Practical exercises will be carried out using tailored documentation as specific unit procedures will not be simulated or assessed.
The results of the assessments will be provided to the entrant and/or their employer.
All entrants must hold:
- Air traffic controller qualification that meets the Civil Aviation Authority’s experience requirements for the grant of an assessor’s authorisation
- A minimum Language Level 4 (ICAO Language Proficiency rating) is required
- A valid European Class 3 Medical (initial medical must be completed by CAA)
Core Subjects and Course References:
- Introduction to The course (Theory)
- Unit Training plans and Assessment Philosophy (Theory)
- Testing Methodology (Theory)
- Assessment conduct (Theory)
- Practical testing techniques – note taking (Theory)
- Verbal testing techniques (Theory)
- Question preparation (Theory)
- Record keeping (Theory)
- Practical testing techniques
- Verbal testing techniques
- CAP 168
- CAP 393
- CAP 493
- CAP 624 part 14 and 15
- CAP 637
- CAP 744
- EATM Common Core Content
- ICAO Doc 4444