On The Job Training Courses are scheduled as follows:
- 1-12 February 9th 2012
- 2-12 March 19th 2012
- 3-12 July 23rd 2012
- 4-12 October 8th 2012
- 1 week
To ensure that the delegate has received the information and training to prove the necessary skills, knowledge and competence required in gaining a satisfactory result in On Job Training and ultimately leading to the award of the OJTI endorsement.
This will be achieved by both theoretical and practical instruction, demonstrations and a verbal examination.
Designed for qualified controllers, the course aims to cover all aspects of On the Job Training and includes a pre- course “Distance Learning Package” which entrants are required to complete prior to attending the course.
The training prepares prospective OJTIs to conduct training and/or training in accordance with the Unit Training Plan. It also equips future OJTIs to prepare, train, monitor, evaluate and debrief trainees.
The course incorporates theoretical and practical instructions, demonstrations and a verbal examination.
Upon successful completion of the OJTI Course to the relevant CAA quality standards, ATCOs will be awarded a certificate and submit form SRG1415 to ATS Licensing.
Non–ATCOs who are accepted on the course will receive a certificate upon successful completion but will not gain the licence endorsement.
All entrants must hold:
- a valid European class 3 medical certificate
- minimum Language Level 4 (ICAO Language Proficiency rating – refer to EU ATCO Licensing Directive for more information).
Core Subjects and Course References:
- OJTI in ATC (Theory)
- Elements and organizations (Theory)
- Teaching techniques (Theory)
- Assessment techniques (Theory)
- Report writing (Theory)
- Monitoring OJTI performance (Theory)
- Human factors (Theory)
- How people learn (Theory)
- Behaviour patterns (Theory)
- Airspace to be used during the course (Theory)
- CAP 168
- CAP 393
- CAP 493
- CAP 624 PART 12
- CAP 637
- CAP 744
- EATM COMMON CORE CONTENT
- ICAO DOC 4444