ICAO Standard ATC Courses
ICAO Examiner (059)
The course prepares the air traffic controller for conducting assessments and examinations of trainee air traffic controllers.
Entrants will be trained to complete assessments of trainees engaged in initial unit training.
The course is conducted by experienced ITO examiners and will encompass current training philosophies, particularly the application of the Unit Training Plan (UTP).
Entrants will be assessed on all simulated, practical and oral test exercises to determine their suitability and competence levels. Practical exercises will be carried out using Global ATS’ training airspace, as specific unit procedures will not be simulated or assessed.
- Recommendation by ANSP in accordance with ICAO Annex 1
- Air traffic controller qualification that meets the Civil Aviation Authority’s experience requirements for the grant of an examiner endorsement
- Licensing and training of air traffic controllers (Theory)
- Safety management systems (Theory)
- Unit competence schemes – principles (Theory)
- Working as an Assessor (Theory)
- Assessment conduct (Theory)
- Assessment Methodology (Theory)
- Practical assessment techniques – note taking
- Oral examination techniques
- Question preparation (Theory)
- Record keeping (Theory)
- Giving feedback (Theory)