A career in Air Traffic Control is unlike any other. Controllers are part of a highly skilled workforce of team orientated individuals tasked with providing airlines and passengers with a safe, robust and efficient service utilising communications and radar equipment. Controllers look after 2.2 million flights throughout the UK every year and assist flight crew in getting safely from departure point to destination. There is never a dull day in ATC as controllers have to maintain their high level of professional service provision whilst taking into account many different factors such as bad weather, changing airline schedules or even aircraft emergencies.
Pseudo Pilot (Air Traffic Simulator Operator)
You will operate a wide variety of ATC simulators to support the delivery of both UK and ICAO ATC training courses for Aerodrome, Approach, Approach Radar, Area Procedural and Area Radar. You will also assist the instructional staff with the delivery of their courses and management staff with their day-to-day duties as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity working towards a career as an Air Traffic Controller.
After 4 years’ service GATS will provide you with a fully subsidised Basic Training and Aerodrome Control course. Upon successful completion you will leave Global ATS with a student UK ATCO licence, ready to begin a rewarding career as an Air Traffic Control Officer at an airport.
*Subject to satisfactory completion of all examinations and meeting the required medical standards
Gloucestershire Airport, Cheltenham
Hours of Work / Annual Leave
- Monday to Friday 0830 – 1630 (hours may vary)
- 20 days annual plus Public/Bank Holidays
- Additional 1 day annual leave for each year with the company
- Operating ATC simulators to provide students with a realistic leaning environment
- Prepare course materials
- Supporting other departments with routine operational tasks
- Educated to A level standard or national equivalent
- Good written & spoken English (ICAO Level 5 minimum)
- Familiar with MS Office programs
- Computer literate
- Strong interest in the ATC industry
- Previous aviation experience
Pay & Contract
£7.50 per hour
Initial 12 month fixed followed by 36 month fixed term subject to satisfactory performance
NB: This position is open only to EU Nationals
Please send a Covering Letter and CV to Mr Chris Waldron quoting job reference GL02