Available Online, ICAO Standard ATC Courses
Ab Initio (051)
The Basic Course follows the ICAO syllabus, with appropriate elements of the European Common Core Content and meets the requirements and objectives for the ICAO 051 course.
- Students should be fluent in English to the ICAO English Language Level 4 standard.
- Delegates must be at least 18 years old on completion.
- The educational standards require that the student is the holder of any educational qualification which would enable the applicant to gain access to university or a similar educational institution; or has sufficient experience and education to give the applicant a reasonable prospect of completing air traffic control training.
- Delegates must have a valid Class 3 Medical issued by an approved Aviation Medical Examiner (AME).
- Aviation Laws
- Air Traffic Management
- Equipment and Systems
- Aircraft Performance and Aircraft Recognition
- Human Factors
- Professional Environment
- ATC Licencing