Under the control of a highly experienced and accomplished instructor, entrants will undertake a series of tests to assess theory, practical and communication skills. The tests will focus around:
- Classroom tests
- Simulator assessments
- Interview with the instructor
A report will be provided which outlines the entrant’s strengths and weaknesses in relation to the key areas that are essential for a career as an Air Traffic Controller.
- a valid European class 3 medical certificate
- minimum Language Level 4 (ICAO Language Proficiency rating – refer to EU ATCO Licensing Directive for more information).
- Abstract Reasoning
- Space Relations
- Clock Code
- Shortest Route
- Maths – Various Calculations using Speed, Distance and Time
- Match identical Alphanumerics
- Interview – General ATC background and knowledge
- Simulator – Practical Application and Spatial Awareness