ICAO Standard ATC Courses
Competency Assessor (059)
The course prepares the air traffic controller for conducting assessments and examinations of competency on both students for initial ATC qualifications, as well as currently qualified air traffic controllers.
The course is conducted by experienced and rated Competency Assessors and will encompass current ICAO training philosophies.
Course participants will undergo practical (simulated) and oral test exercises. Practical sessions will be carried out using Global ATS’ ATC simulators, utilizing generic aerodrome, approach and area control scenarios.
- Recommendation by ANSP in accordance with ICAO Annex 1
- Air traffic controller qualification that meets the Civil Aviation Authority’s experience requirements for the grant of a Competency Assessor endorsement
- ICAO Annex 1 - “Personnel Licensing”
- ICAO Manual on Air Traffic Controller Competency-based Training & Assessment (CBTA)
- Safety Management Systems, Safety Culture & Human Factors
- Unit Training Plan & Unit Competency Programs
- Competency Assessor Qualifications & Qualities
- Assessments, Briefing & De-Briefing
- Questioning Techniques, Notes & Assessment Reports