GLOBAL ATS are recruiting for Simulator Operator team members,
Located at Staverton airport and our site in Gloucestershire College in Cheltenham.
Simulator Operators support the delivery of training for Air Traffic Controllers, and create realistic Air Traffic Management scenarios through effective operation of PC based simulators.
Certificated by the United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) as an Initial Training Organisation (ITO) for the purpose of ATCO training, Global ATS specialises in the provision of Air Traffic Management training with our core business being ATCO and AFISO initial training.
Gloucestershire Airport, Cheltenham or Gloucester College, Cheltenham.
Hours of Work / Annual Leave
- Monday to Friday 0815 – 1630 (hours may vary)
- 20 days annual leave, rising to 25 days with annual service accrual + Public holidays.
- Create realistic Air Traffic scenarios in the simulator environment.
- Follow instructions and accurately input data as requested by trainee Air Traffic Controllers.
- Work as part of a team with a high dependency on effective liaison and planning.
- Correctly set up and reconfiguration of the simulator.
- Reporting of all Simulator faults/observations following the relevant process.
- Support the data prep staff with scenario data testing.
- Ensure timely and accurate input, to ensure the trainee Air Traffic Controller remains focused and a professional service is given.
- Carry out support duties in connection with non-simulation work at an appropriate level.
- Quick accurate thinking, a clear speaking voice in the English language with excellent communication skills and good diction is necessary.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to use initiative and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Enthusiastic with a willingness and aptitude to learn.
- Proficiency in standard desktop IT packages is desirable, ability to interact with modern technology including multiple touchscreen devices.
- Reliable with excellent time-management skills.
- It is essential to have the ability to work positively and effectively as part of a team and be able adapt readily to changing situations and procedures; have a flexible approach to the workload.
- An appreciation of ATC, Training & Simulation awareness, and an ability to work within the ATC environment.
- Knowledge of Radio Telephony (R/T) phraseology, aircraft performance and ATC procedures.
Pay & Contract
- £18,000 per annum, increasing to £21,000 per annum
- Company pension once probation period (3 months) complete
- Applicants must have a legal right to work in the UK
Please send a Covering Letter and CV to Mr Mark Phipps to apply.