UK based, with expectation of 20% travel to targeted locations.
Purpose of the Job
Accountable to the Managing Director, for identifying and winning new business in defined key geographic markets which play a part of Global ATS medium to long term strategic plan. The role requires the development of existing customers, winning of planned opportunities and future business opportunities within defined geographies. You will be accountable for the opportunity management and for customer relationship management across the defined regions including the use of direct and indirect channels. Additionally, a sales plan and capture strategy to gain market share needs to be developed and communicated for approval and executed. Having a background as an ATCO or in the delivery of ATCO training will also see you becoming an instrumental part of the diversification and development of new products within the Global ATS portfolio.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- The opportunity management of nominated strategic regions.
- Customer relations management.
- Identification of new business opportunities with existing and new customers/clients.
- Developing and implementing campaign strategies that lead to the capture of new opportunities.
- Nurturing relationships with existing customers of Global ATS training products, with particular attention to early identification of customers’ future needs, building their confidence and trust in Global ATS such that they embrace a partnering approach to contract management, and readily accept Global ATS as a trusted advisor on developing solutions to future needs.
- Opportunity Management ensuring adherence to Global ATS’ Sales & Marketing Policy and Procedures.
- Provide input to the Global ATS 5-year plan (FYP) to help define “must win” opportunities and campaigns, as well as identifying gaps in capability.
- Being pivotal to the development of a robust Marketing team within Global ATS.
- Maintain CRM for all customers and opportunities within strategic geographic region weekly.
- Manage target price to win activities for all forecasted opportunities within defined geographic region.
- Manage the full sales lifecycle from enquiry to contract award for defined geographic region.
- Development of sales plan and strategy for key geographic regions.
- Assistance to the Managing Director for the production of the monthly forecast and annual budgets.
- Lead the weekly Sales Review of defined geographic market as part of the Global ATS executive team.
- Accountable for the order book within defined geographic regions.
- Responsible for closing orders.
Personal Skills / Abilities:
- Leadership and management: Be able to provide visible and supportive leadership, employing a collaborative style that empowers, motivates, and develops team members, thus fostering a positive and creative working environment. Be able to collaborate with the other members of the Global ATS team to ensure the efficient and effective use of resource.
- Business skills: Possess a sound understanding of business processes, sales & marketing, and business winning. Be able to identify the correct priorities.
- Communication: Be persuasive and influential. Be naturally at ease, engaging with audiences large and small, and at levels from the ‘shop floor’ up to senior management. Ability to present to customers and internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Vision: Be outcome/customer focused, but with the grasp of the ‘big picture’, and political acumen to ensure the correct response to top level business initiatives, while delivering the right results to clients within a time pressured environment.
- Analysis: Have strong analytical skills and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Commercial: Sound understanding of commercial contracts.
Educational Vocational Qualifications:
- Applicable tertiary qualifications highly desirable.
- Holding at least 2 ATCO ratings for over 5 years
- Proven track record in business development and closing orders.
- Strong capability in winning and renewing contracts in the defined key geographic region.
- Strong capability in developing and sustaining long and strong customer relationships.
- Experience of dealing with Government departments, including a good understanding of their procurement processes.
- Experience of working in international environments.
- Strong understanding of Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy and its adherence in managing regional clients.
- Provided ATCO training either within and Initial Training Organisation (ITO) or at Unit holding OJTI/Assessor qualifications.
- Delivery of the 12-month order intake book on time to meet the sales plan.
- Winning forecasted orders, or winning alternative orders where forecasted orders have not been successful.
- Support to the wider business in delivering sales.
- Support the wider business in identifying and developing new products relevant to our customer base.
- Timely production of the inputs to support the monthly forecasts, FYP and annual budget processes.
- Improving year-on-year performance.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org