As part of Global ATS’s future growth ambitions we are looking to identify and recruit a Chief Instructor which will allow us to build and further strengthen the instructional team for both the UK and International sides of the training operation.
Based in Gloucestershire, you will join our established Senior Management Team, reporting directly to the Managing Director.
You will lead direct reports including the Instructor Training Manager, Instructor Competence Manager, Instructors, and Simulator Operations Manager – meaning your leadership and communications skills will be key to your success.
- Line Manager for UK and International Instructors;
- Liaise with other stakeholders to design, develop and obtain approval for new training plans;
- Liaise with other stakeholders to maintain approved training plans;
- Ensure Global ATS’ obligations towards continued delivery of the apprenticeship training scheme are fulfilled.
- Provide documentary evidence of ongoing training to SARG on request;
- Conduct assessments and appraisal of Instructors as per UTP;
- Ensure training staff are kept up to date with changes in relevant legislation;
- Ensure Quality Control is exercised through frequent observation and assessment of training delivery and personnel;
- Provide technical (ATC) advice to other business areas, when required;
- Support the Sales & Marketing function to develop technical proposals, and to liaise with prospective new customers.
- Verify suitability and qualifications of new instructors and supervise initial training;
- Verification and vetting of all external student reporting to ensure consistency and quality control;
- Deliver classroom and practical instruction when required;
- Represent the company at industry trade shows;
- Ensure that all responsibilities for the Chief Instructor contained within company policies and procedures are fulfilled;
Your main objective will be to ensure that Air Traffic Control training programmes are delivered to all UK and International customers at the highest standards and ensure training activities remain compliant with the various ITO certifications we hold.
If this sounds like you, and you have an OJTI Endorsement, are a Multi Rated Air Traffic controller (minimum 2 of: ADI, APP, APS, ACS) and have experience as an ATC Instructor and manager of teams, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org