Director of Training
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, we are looking for a Director of Training with business and leadership experience to join our established Senior Management Team. Heading up our Training Department, you will be accountable for many individuals and will need to be able to demonstrate you have been successful in leading large teams and hitting operational targets in previous roles.
Based in Cheltenham at our two sites (Gloucestershire Airport and our Gloucester College Campus), this full-time, permanent role requires an experienced leader with a background in and passion for Air Traffic Control. Operational ATCO experience is essential and training experience would be highly beneficial.
You must have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Management and leadership qualifications
- Experience in the preparation and management of departmental budgets
- Lead and develop direct reports including our Academy Director, Instructor Competence Manager, Instructor Training Manager and Product Manager.
- Ensure that all UK and International training programmes are delivered to the highest standards and remain compliant with ITO certifications.
- Managing the budget, human and physical resources efficiently to ensure all sales pipeline opportunities are delivered within budget.
- Have full accountability for all instructor onboarding, training, and ensuring competency requirements are fulfilled.
- Have a keen eye for detail, ensuring the instructor rostering and administration completed by the academy team is correct and in alignment with company processes.
- Ensure all training products are developed and appropriate approvals obtained for both new and existing training plans.
- Review and approve all training documentation.
- Be an ambassador for Global ATS and represent the company at industry trade shows and seminars
- Degree or A-levels in business or economics is desirable.
- Experience based education would be acceptable if this can be demonstrated that the candidate received suitable on-the-job training in previous roles.
- Excellent salary
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Heath Care Cash Plan
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and Christmas week off
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular company social events
- Employee discount shopping
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free on-site car parking
If you have what we are looking for alongside an OJTI Endorsement and are a Multi Rated Air Traffic controller (minimum two of: ADI, APP, APS, ACS) we would love to hear from you.
Salary will be dependent on your experience.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to the Group HR Manager: Lisa Brizland.