This role can be remote or based at our offices in either Cheltenham or Bournemouth.
We are seeking a PHP Developer who is looking to step into a role that holds responsibility for the continued development and delivery of interesting and important business-wide systems. You will work independently with key responsibility of the PHP applications alongside support and guidance from business functions. You will be confident in communicating to a non-technical audience, translating end user needs into specifications, and programming with PHP and front-end technologies to achieve these.
- Design, build and maintain PHP applications
- Working with the business to identify and deliver improvements
- Troubleshoot and fix any issues relating to PHP applications
- Responsible for ensuring a consistent and reliable set of services
- Management of the back-end architecture and infrastructure of PHP applications
- Document PHP applications and create knowledge materials
- Assisting with management of the company website from time to time
Skills & Experience:
- A strong understanding of PHP and OOP
- Experience with PHP frameworks – Nette Framework beneficial
- Understanding of front-end development – Bootstrap beneficial
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL/MariaDB)
- Experience configuring, maintaining and securing Ubuntu / Nginx servers
- Knowledge of PHP security principles and secure development practices
- Familiarity with limitations and capabilities of PHP and its extensions
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Experience with AWS infrastructure for web applications (EC2, RDS, S3)
20 days annual leave, rising to 25 days with annual service accrual.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org