Course Start Dates:
The one-day Aptitude Assessment courses run throughout the year. For more information about forthcoming dates please contact Andy Cameron for more details
To assess and appraise an entrant’s potential to successfully undertake and complete further Air Traffic Control Training.
Under the control of a highly experienced and accomplished instructor, entrants will undertake a series of tests to assess theory, practical and communication skills. The tests will focus around:
- Classroom tests
- Simulator assessments
- Interview with the instructor
A report will be provided which outlines the entrant’s strengths and weaknesses in relation to the key areas that are essential for a career as an Air Traffic Controller.
All entrants must hold:
- a valid European class 3 medical certificate
- minimum Language Level 4 (ICAO Language Proficiency rating – refer to EU ATCO Licensing Directive for more information).
- Abstract Reasoning
- Space Relations
- Clock Code
- Shortest Route
- Maths – Various Calculations using Speed, Distance and Time
- Match identical Alphanumerics
- Interview – General ATC background and knowledge
- Simulator – Practical Application and Spatial Awareness