- 1 week (1 – 4 students on the course)
To provide the entrant with a general overview of the air traffic control function and strengthen their ability to secure an ATC assistants role.
This course is designed to prepare entrants to carry out the role of an Air Traffic Controller Assistant and incorporates airfield visits, practical instruction, written and/or verbal tests.
The course runs at a relaxed pace and the entrant receives a certificate to confirm their successful completion of the course.
An interest in Aviation is desirable.
Core Subjects and Course References:
- Role of an ATCA (Theory)
- ICAO overview (Theory)
- Airspace Classification (Theory)
- Basic Met and Nav (Theory)
- Flight Rules (Theory)
- Important Documents (Theory)
- Aerodrome Markings (Theory)
- ATFM Flow management and slot times (Theory)
- Phraseology (Theory)
- CAP 168
- CAP 393
- CAP 493
- CAP 624
- CAP 637
- CAP 744
- EATM Common Core Content
- ICAO Doc 4444