- 6 weeks
To provide the student with the underpinning knowledge necessary to enable them to commence further training towards Air Traffic Control Ratings in Aerodrome, Approach and Area Control disciplines.
The Basic Course follows the ICAO syllabus, with appropriate elements of the European Common Core Content and meets the requirements and objectives for the ICAO 051 course.
- Students should be fluent in English to the ICAO English Language Level 4 standard.
- Delegates must be at least 18 years old on completion.
- The educational standards require that the student is the holder of any educational qualification which would enable the applicant to gain access to university or a similar educational institution; or has sufficient experience and education to give the applicant a reasonable prospect of completing air traffic control training.
- Delegates must have a valid Class 3 Medical issued by an approved Aviation Medical Examiner (AME).
Core Subjects and Course References:
- Aviation Laws
- Air Traffic Management
- Equipment and Systems
- Aircraft Performance and Aircraft Recognition
- Human Factors
- ICAO Annexes and Documents
- Proprietary training materials