Available Online, Retained 2015/340, UK CAA Approved Courses
OJTI & Refresher
Designed for experienced controllers, the course covers all aspects of On the Job Training and includes a pre- course ‘Distance Learning Package’ which entrants are required to complete prior to attending the course.
The training prepares prospective OJTIs to conduct training in accordance with the Unit Training Plan. It also equips future OJTIs to prepare, train, monitor, evaluate and debrief trainees.
The course further trains for STDI duties which form an additional privilege of the endorsement.
The full course incorporates theoretical and practical instructions, demonstrations and a verbal examination. Because of this, the full course must be completed on-campus.
OJTI Refresher is available on-line.
- Recommendation from ANSP
- European class 3 medical certificate (recommended)
- Minimum Language Level 4 (ICAO Language Proficiency rating)
- OJTI in ATC (Theory)
- Elements and organizations (Theory)
- Teaching techniques (Theory)
- Assessment techniques (Theory)
- Report writing (Theory)
- Monitoring OJTI performance (Theory)
- Human factors (Theory)
- How people learn (Theory)
- Behaviour patterns (Theory)
- Airspace to be used during the course (Theory)
- CAP 168
- CAP 393
- CAP 493
- CAP 624 PART 12 (withdrawn pending review)
- CAP 637
- CAP 744
- EATM COMMON CORE CONTENT
- ICAO DOC 4444