ICAO Standard ATC Courses
On the Job Training Instructor
Designed for qualified air traffic controllers, the course aims to cover all aspects of On the Job Training Instruction (OJTI). It teaches prospective OJTIs to prepare, train, monitor, and assess both trainees in an initial qualification programme, as well as qualified controllers fulfilling Unit competency requirements.
The course incorporates theoretical and practical (simulated) instruction.
Conducted by experienced OJT Instructors incorporating current ICAO training philosophies, course participants will undergo theoretical classroom and practical (simulated) exercises.
Practical sessions will be carried out using Global ATS’ ATC simulators, utilising generic aerodrome, approach and area control scenarios
Have a minimum English language proficiency of ICAO Level 4.
Have an air traffic control rating / qualification.
- ICAO Annex 1 – “Personnel Licensing”
- ICAO Manual on Air Traffic Controller Competency-based Training & Assessment (CBTA)
- Unit Training Plan
- OJTI Selection & Qualities
- Learning, OJTI Stages & Questioning Techniques
- Briefing, Feedback & De-Briefing
- Errors, Correction & Instructor Intervention
- Assessments, Reports & Note Taking